We are committed to ensuring that our website is accessible to everyone. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, please contact us, as we are continually striving to improve the experience for all of our visitors.
- All pages on this site follow priorities 1 & 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup.
H1tags are used for main titles,
H2 and H3tags for subtitles. For example, on this page, JAWS users can skip to the next section within the accessibility statement by pressing ALT+INSERT+2. Opera users can skip sections by using "S" and "W" to cycle forwards and backwards respectively through headings.
Web pages on www.9hr.co.uk include 4 different areas:
- A header bar that includes the main navigation,
- A main content area,
- A "side bar",
- A footer.
When CSS (Cascading Styles Sheet) are not applied to a document (or when using a screen reader), the 4 areas are read in the above order.
This site does not make use of Access Key shortcut keys, as they often clash with shortcut keys defined in the web browser software being used.
- Unless they are purely decorative items, all images used on this web site have suitable
- Content should be usable/accessible with images "off" (disabled).
- The main navigation bar on this site does not use images for the navigation elements.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- URLs are permanent whenever possible.
- All form controls are appropriately and explicitly labeled.
- We provide an email address as an alternative form of access for our online forms.
- Form validation routine does not rely on client-side script.
- We are using non obtrusive client-side scripts.
Pop up Windows
- This site does not make use of Pop up Windows except when linking to external sites.
- Browsers with Popup Blockers should be able to access these external documents.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- Any information conveyed through the use of color is also available without color (i.e. text based).
How to modify this site to fit your needs
These links explain the many ways you can make the web more accessible to you.